The typical question that most people get when going "back to school" is, "What did you do this summer?" Instead of writing an essay...here is my Top 5 US History related Summer List.
5. I read several books...mainly focusing on American Imperialism.
4. I visited every Civil War monument in North Dakota...there are only 4!
Civil War Monument-Devils Lake, ND
3. I explored my German-Russian roots (and cemeteries) in western North Dakota.
German-Russian Wrought Iron Cross
2. I visited the Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile National Historic Site near Cooperstown, North Dakota...here is a photo of Oscar-Zero Missile Alert Facility.
And a photo (50 feet underground) of the Launch Control Center.
1. I found one of my 4th great-grandmothers (she lived from 1814-1876) near Nerstrand, Minnesota...her headstone was buried (no pun intended) under about 6 inches of sod and dirt!