Wednesday, December 7, 2016

75



December 7, 1941...a day we should never forget.

So much of my life has been influenced by the men and women who served our country during WWII...relatives, friends of the family, teachers, coaches, etc. all who left an indelible mark on my life. 

I am forever grateful for their service to our country over the past 75 years and for their love, toughness, sacrifice, and intelligence that helped mold me into the man I am today!




Ray Chavez (age 104 and pictured above) is the oldest surviving Pearl Harbor veteran and will return to Pearl Harbor with many others for the 75th anniversary and commemoration of the most infamous day in our history.


His words echo my emotions and hope for my students today.



"I hope people never forget...they can't."








No comments:

Post a Comment